Welcome Bienvenue to The Chamber
2018 is shaping up to be an exciting year as we continue to support our membership within the Saint John region. We strive to support business development through our advocacy efforts, networking opportunities, business exposure and cost-savings benefits, just to name a few.
2017 highlights include:
· This past year we welcomed approximately 4,000 members and guests to our monthly business networking mixers, the Annual Golf Classic, 2 receptions, Canada 150 Celebration Gala and the annual Outstanding Business Awards, where 8 award winners were recognized for their achievements in business and their contributions to the Greater Saint John community.
· The Saint John Region Chamber was selected to host the 2019 Canadian Chamber of Commerce AGM here in Saint John, NB.
· The Chamber was granted intervenor status with the National Energy Board on Energy East Pipeline hearings.
· Requested to testify by the Nuclear Safety Commission as part of the hearing process to renew Point Lepreau operating license.
· Selected to testify as part of two Senate Committee Hearings, one concerning the Energy East Pipeline and more recently on the proposed federal small-business tax changes.
· Proudly hosted the Canadian Chamber of Commerce including Canadian Chamber President & CEO, Perrin Beatty on numerous occasions.
· We were pleased to welcome former Premier Bernard Lord, Auditor General Kim MacPherson, Mr. David Campbell and Premier Gallant, among many others, as part of our Distinguished Speaker Series and other promotional events.
· Initiated a national one-minute business strike in response to proposed federal tax changes.
· Developed a national “Write Your MP Campaign” in support of the Energy East Pipeline resulting in over 14,000 responses from across Canada.
· Actively advocated on member priorities.
· Welcomed 70 new members!
We will once again be hosting our annual world-class event - the East Coast Energy Connection Conference. ECEC 2018 will lead a powerful conversation about the East Coast’s energy sector. Also in 2018, your Saint John Region Chamber will host the 34th annual Outstanding Business Awards recognizing outstanding businesses in our community.
We are funded through our membership and the revenue we receive from hosting special events throughout the year. This enables us to be the undisputed voice, your voice, for business in the Saint John region, as well as allowing us to advocate on your behalf and keep our fees as affordable as possible for our membership.
2018 is gearing up to be another great year and we want you to be a part of it.
David Duplisea, CEO